Originally Posted By: Mean buzzen half dozen A.K.A. Hank
SNOWMAN,

Before you fired up the engine w/the new turbo, do you prelube the oil feed line to the turbo (make sure you had clean oil coming out of the line w/no metal/garbage coming out of the flex hose that feeds the turbo) & did you prelube the turbo its self?
What size drain did you use to return to your oil pan?
You need to post pics of that for sure.

Lets see the pics of you exhaust system & wastgate plumbing.

How is your idle A/F ratio?

How is your A/F ratio @ wide open throttle?

Where is your timing set at?

What fuel are you using, what octane?

What carb squirter size? What color cam for the accelerator squirter?

Are you just winging this thing?

Are you hearing some knocking/detonation?

I thought you are going to save this original engine for later?

Just giving you some crap because you are not sticking to your original plans.

MBHD

I ran oil through the line back into the valve cover without the turbo attached. so yes I did. I put a good amount of oil in the turbo while it wasn't on the car just to keep it oiled. the return is a 10AN and the oil feed is a 1/8NPT. Here it is http://www.ebay.com/itm/160647617803?ssP...ht_3659wt_1396.

I don't have the A/F set up yet because I need to go the exhaust shop so I can mount in on the downpipe.

Timing is at 6 degrees advanced.

I had 87 in it but I added 2/3 of a quart of octane booster to it which (according to the can) raised it to about 95.

squirter is a 27 I think. Not sure of the cam color ATM.

I'm not "winging it". I'm just eager to get the turbo in and I could've told you guys I was going to run a low boost setup on my engine for now and build the other engine and then crank the boost up on the other one.

No detonation from what I hear.

I really could've sworn I told you guys I was running the low boost setup so I didn't mean to deviate...

BUT WHAT WOULD CAUSE THE OIL LEAK?

69 Buick Special Deluxe. Intercooled Turbo Chevy 250 @ 15psi on a stock long block. It's kinda fast.