I think I found the culprit in the pictures. Probably the slight kink coming out of the turbo. Would that cause the oil to back up and then sqeeze itself out of the seals into the compressor housing?

Ok. Where have I not listened? The way I figure it now. I'm running it very rich and with hardly any timing. Aren't those the only 2 things that would cause detonation? That's why I figure it's safe to mess around with the stuff for now. I'm sorry that I'm excited that I get to use the parts that have been sitting in my room for 6 months and what we've been talking about doing for like a year. Yes, I'm a teenager, I might get a little overzealous sometimes. I'm a big boy. I won't go blaming it on you if anything goes wrong. I have the final say in what happens so who else is there to blame?

Yes I hear the turbo spooling pretty well. Why?

Why would I need more valve cover vents? It has a 2 decent sized ones on the stock cover?

I've looked into Xylene and Toulene but IIRC, it erodes your tank and lines quickly and I also could never find it anywhere in large quantities for better deals.

no I didn't hook up the boost line to the fuel pump yet. I wanted to see if it would be necessary since the stock fuel pump probably puts out just a hair more pressure than the low boost I'm running. But if I do notice dying after full throttle then I can conclude I'm draining my fuel bowl and that would necessitate fixing the fuel pump. But if it works like it is, why mess with it? I know I'll need to fix it when I put the stuff on the other engine.

EDIT to respond to MBHD: even if it is effectively lowering my octane, I'm still running rich and without much timing. It feels like my 4 barrel setup up through 2000rpm, then it substantially gets a lot more power and then levels off at about 2800rpm. I easily spun the tires all the way through first gear whereas with my fourbarrel, it would catch about halfway through because it couldn't power it through.

Last edited by snowman4839; 10/14/11 10:31 PM.

69 Buick Special Deluxe. Intercooled Turbo Chevy 250 @ 15psi on a stock long block. It's kinda fast.