Hard to tell from the oil return line pics, but if the line/hose drops down lower than where your fittting is in the oil pan, then that is incorrect.

You cannot have any kinks in the oil return hose.

"if the fuel pump works why mess w/it"

You must think I post things here on the forum for no reason.

Yes you need a boost ref line, when you are in boost & you feel the engine cutting out/running out of fuel, that is when you are going to get detonation & when your pistons will blow.

Also, as I have always stated, you cannot always hear detonation, what kind of exhaust muffler/system are you running when driving?

Just curious as to how do you know you are running rich?

I know you are excited, that's understandable, turbos are great!

With the pump gas we get, all the alcohol in the gas dries out your hoses, let your car sit for a long time & watch the fuel eat up your rubber hoses.
A little Xylene or toluene is not going to harm it, you would not use 100% of the stuff. Sorry I suggested a cheap/better octane booster than the typical auto parts stores sells.

Torco accelerator is the best octane bought booster. A.F.A.I.K.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Best-Fuel-Additi...=item2c5a5bc2fd

The stock valve cover vents are OK for a stock naturally aspirated engine, but now, you are boosting the engine, the excess crackcase pressure has to go somewhere & where it does so is @ the front timing cover seal & @ the rear crankshaft seal = not good.

If your engine levels off @ 2800 & is comparable to the 4bbl engine, it should not be this way, sounds like you are ruuning out of fuel IMO. Not the jets size, but your fuel bowl emptying.

Your turbo engine should pull hard all the way to 4800 or so rpm w/much more authority than compared to your 4bbl set-up.

I know it's not tunned , but this is how it should feel when its all tuned.

Just be carefull, I do not suggest stuff for you to do or get for no good reason.

Goodluck
Repeat questions, how much boost are you seeing & what exhaust system/muffler are you running so you can listen for detonation?

MBHD

12 port SDS EFI