Well I ended up getting a straightpipe exhaust made all the way out the back on wednesday. It ended up being 2.5" just because that's what happened. It sounds pretty nice but it has that crappy slapping sound after you let off after 4k+. Aw well. I'm going to try to buy some 1.5" pipe (the smallest they have is 2") and get that same shop to bend me a wastegate pipe to connect to the downpipe.

I wanted to take my car to the nationals but I wanted to get the kinks out first like get the wastegate working right, get the wideband hooked up, and fix that oil drip with the new AN fitting. So we had it all on the trailer after the muffler shop but I made the call to leave her sitting pretty in the driveway.

Can't tell you how many people I told about my car though. Got quite a few suprised faces and "that's badass" comments after I told them I had a 3 speed on the column with a turbo 250 that could do rolling burnouts at 40. I even got to talk to a guy from ohio with a 1969 buick gs 400 stage 2 which was one of 2 documented. It was basically an off-the-lot drag car with 11:0 compression and forged pistons from the dealer. The original owner of THAT car called my car awesome :-)). He asked me to post pictures up on v8buick.com so that was pretty cool. But it was a great time and my dad spent 2 days just looking at grand nationals, GSXs, GNXs, T-types, and regals (plus a couple buick-powered odd balls).

I learned that I hooked up the wastegate incorrectly. It was a pretty simple oversight. I just assumed the spring was all that kept the wastegate open or closed. I didn't know that the air under diaphram was supposed to connect to the compressor nipple. That's why I was boosting to 15psi :-). I'll fix that tomorrow.

I got the other AN fitting and I should be able to fix the leak tomorrow.

And now that I have the downpipe, I can drill that hole and weld in the bung for the wideband and get that hooked up.

So things are going good :-)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

EDIT: And I'll get a video out once the kinks are smoothed out.

Last edited by snowman4839; 10/23/11 02:18 AM.

69 Buick Special Deluxe. Intercooled Turbo Chevy 250 @ 15psi on a stock long block. It's kinda fast.