Yes it was running in my Camaro on a 250 engine.

I never ran it @ a track, but did race it a few times against my friends 66 Nova that went to the track very often.

One night my friend w/the 66 Nova just got back from the track after running consistant 12.70's & asked me if I wanted to race him, I said sure. He has never won again my 6 cyl Camaro LOL

We lined up & I beat him by 4-5 car lengths. So just an estimation against my friends consistant track/street Nova
maybe my Camaro would run 12.40's.

I could only get 8-10 psi max boost (plantary ball drive) + I maxed out the rpm of the blower.

So basically, the Paxton blower limited me on how much boost I could run.

If you just get a complete early 3.8 Regal turbo ,or 1981 Turbo Trans Am 301 CI set-up for draw through, that would be the easiest, & can be done cheaply.

As far as easy to install & run, it all depends on if you could use a SPA exhaust manifold or just use a stock truck 2.5" exhaust manifold or Toms split cast iron manifolds. Then you would not need to fab up a turbo exhaust manifold.

I would have to say, a turbo set-up would be easier & less $ to install & use a turbo set-up.
Boucher & Snowman have simular set-ups, easy to install, I have not totaled up money spent on Snowmans parts (maybe he will chime in here), but Boucher was about $800 IIRC?

W/a supercharger, you need to fab the brackets, a supercharger (mine new was $1100.00 just for the head unit, years ago) make pulleys, belts,tensioners & so on etc.
Note: the supercharger belt must line up perfect or else it will keep throwing belts or jump a few ribs on the serpintine pulley.(I know first hand)

On my set-up the supercharger blew through 3 48 MM DCOEs

The newer blowers, centrifugal type are gear driven & can give you any amount of boost you would like, they are much more money also.

You can buy a new Ebay turbo like Snowmans for a few hundred dollars & boost 10-20 psi pretty easy.

A blower that can give you 20 psi, is going to cost you approx $2000.00 (rough guestimate)

If you look @ swapmeets, & buy used parts like a centrifugal supercharger head unit, blow off valve, make pulleys etc, it is going to add up more than buying new Ebay turbo parts.

If you are not looking to make a lot a psi those cheap Ebays turbos seem to work just fine for low boost set-ups, some have great success running high boost, I just dont know how low they last.

So, IMO, a low buck turbo set-up w/using the stock exhaust manifold would be my choice for ease of installation & less cost to you.

I used to get a lot of people saying how they liked my blower set-up @ car hops & w/a supercharger, you usually see the supercharger & is more of an eye catcher than a turbo IMO, but it's really up to you if you want a supercharger or a turbo.

MBHD

Last edited by Mean buzzen half dozen A.K.A. Hank; 10/24/11 09:47 AM.

12 port SDS EFI