Thanks boucher. Sound like I need to get a dial back timing light.

So is it not a big deal that your syclone is a whole different engine? Is a cast piston a cast piston and detonation detonation? Just seems odd to compare these 60s engines to a 90s fuel injected v6 but what do I know?

I did about 10-12 15psi blasts. about 6 of them were at 14 degrees and 4 at 6 degrees (I didn't take off my vacuum advance but that's what they read at idle). The 14 degrees was scary fast and had crazy power. The 6 degrees was a slug and I had a bunch of problems like chugging, intake backfires, and just no power.

Hopefully I'm about to sell a computer and get the money to setup an intercooler and maybe start toward a alky/water setup.

I'm pretty confident that I understand what meth and an intercooler do.
Methanol, when injected, raises octane of the charge and absorbs heat in the cylinder which allows for cooler temps.
Water when mixed with meth has the same type of heat absorption without the benefit of octane boost.
Intercooling cools off the compressed air charge because it gets hot when compressed. This gives the charge a cooler starting temperature in the cylinder.
^^^That's what I've gathered from what I've read.

Just read some and 12 is good for full boost. 13 is getting somewhat risky in case of some unknown something to make you run lean for a second.

69 Buick Special Deluxe. Intercooled Turbo Chevy 250 @ 15psi on a stock long block. It's kinda fast.