Well I installed the fuel pump today but I can't do much until I get my carb sorted out. I set the initial timing (without vacuum advance connected) to 8 degrees and then connected the vacuum advance. No matter where I put the idle speed screw or the idle mix screws, I can't get it to go above bobbing around 10 on the A/F ratio. The best I ever got it was 12 and that's so lean that it backfired or shot up to extremely lean the second I gave it any throttle. Also when I had it at 12, it was EXTREMELY advanced. Much farther than it should've been. I also have size 73 jets. Doesn't that seems kinda big?
I sprayed all around my manifold, carb, and vacuum connections and none of them affect my idle even though it seems like I have a vacuum leak.
I've set the idle as low as I could to where it would keep its self alive and then I tried messing with the idle screws and they still didn't have any effect and the throttle plates were almost closed.
Does anyone have any ideas?

Last edited by snowman4839; 10/26/11 11:09 PM.

69 Buick Special Deluxe. Intercooled Turbo Chevy 250 @ 15psi on a stock long block. It's kinda fast.