Hmmm,,,, you were reading 13.something A/F ratio @ W.O.T.,,,, so yes it is & was still too lean @ W.O.T.
I guess I will need to reiterate myself, you need to be reading 11.8 A/F ratio or so (in the 11's) when you are running 15 PSI @ W.O.T. Low 13's (A/F ratio) is too lean!

Yes, the main jets are causing your A/F ratio @ idle is 10., but I believe there are ways to lean it out @ idle.
Your A/F ratio might be OK now w/you only running 6 psi or so.
We have not heard anything new if you had installed your new fuel pump & installed a boost ref line.
Last we heard, your going to install it, & you are only running 6 psi,, so what is the latest scenario of things that are on or off your engine, boost pressure running now? How much timing?
If you are running your new fuel pump & ref line & are running 15 psi & showing 13's A/F ratio still,,(too lean still) then you would need to go w/bigger main jets most likely, unless there are other ways to richen up your Holley for W.O.T blasts.
Turbo6 says not to drill out your idle jets,(dont drill just yet) but I believe that will lean out your idle (which you need) to a more fuel efficient A/F ratio in the 14's @ least.
Maybe turbo6 can tell you more how to mod your Holley more in detail step by step instruction?
I just know the basics & maybe a bit more, but I never blew through a Holley, just my DCOEs.
Your lean pop @ 13. A/F ratio is going to melt your pistons,,,, STOP DOING THAT!

I initially thought you could run approx 12 psi w/the stock fuel pump, but it seems going to 15 psi is OK according to other websites I have read.?? Research a bit more on that subject.

Make sure your float level is adjusted like turbo6 says, so the fuel is just dripping into the carb, meaning, your float bowl area is going to hold a bit more fuel (higher level than stock setting)
I thought Holley or another CO. made larger than stock float bowls?
I forgot, does your 2 bbl Holley have a plastic float?
If not, the brass one would have collasped by now. \:D

With the different Holley pump cams, there are white, orange, blue, etc in color & have different ramp rates, meaning depending on cam used, it can aggressively squirt a lot more initial fuel or less.

Catch us up to date,, when you first step on the gas,, what is the A/F ratio reading approx?
Black smoke, hesitant for the engine to accelerate, almost dies?

You need to let us know all the changes you do to your engine so we are up to date on things. ;\)

Goodluck, & when tuning, try to do one thing @ a time,,, try jetting, test drive,, change timing, test drive it, don't change timing, rejet, & accelrator squirt change all @ the same time.

MBHD

Originally Posted By: snowman4839
My squirter is a 27 or 28. There's no way my jets are too small from what I've told you guys before. <10 idle and cruise? too big of jets...
What are the different types of pump cams?

(This was all still at 15psi), Yes, all of my WOT blasts were low 13s until it lean popped where I stopped obviously.
I also did mostly 2/3 throttle blasts and that worked much better and delayed the lean pop a good bit. I only lost a little bit of power between WOT and 2/3.

I think I'm still draining my bowls and thats what's causing the lean pop (but those are also still at 15psi...)

Could I not just get an electric fuel pump? since I am planning on using 15psi anyway? What would be a good choice? What do I need to look for in terms of gph and psi? do I need a regulator with it? I don't know anything about electric fuel pumps but I've read that boost referenced mech fuel pumps only work to like 8psi.

12 port SDS EFI