Originally Posted By: preacher-no choir
I'm begining to think... stay away from clifford... they seem to have good intakes, poorly fitting valve covers, single pattern cams, an overbundance of 390 holleys and overzealous suede-shoed sales personell!

I bored 2= 261s to .060", only because of cost. Cheaper pistons, and cost of multiple boring passes (.060 can be cut on just one pass).

My experience with Clifford years ago was overzealous salesmen!
I got the 261 .080 block back from the machine shop yesterday. The block was bored .080 to clean out previous cylinder damage.It's sitting on the engine stand and using a variety of homemade tools I tried to measure cylinder wall thickness by poking through the water pump hole and various other cooling passage holes.This is crude at best but it appears the thinnest spot is the front of number one cylinder at around .140 inches
Ok,what does .140 mean in relationship to cylinder wall strength? On this engine I have no idea.....But...on Chevy 350 V-8's used back in the 1980's for circle track racing,this was when they still used actual production engine blocks. Minimum wall thickness was considered to be about .130.These were long duration racing engine making 70 hp per cylinder for hours at a time.
Maybe this comparison isn't realistic but it's something in a sea of questions............

70 Triumph 650 cc ECTA current record holder