Originally Posted By: snowman4839
I'm pretty confident that I understand what meth and an intercooler do.
Methanol, when injected, raises octane of the charge and absorbs heat in the cylinder which allows for cooler temps.
Water when mixed with meth has the same type of heat absorption without the benefit of octane boost.
Intercooling cools off the compressed air charge because it gets hot when compressed. This gives the charge a cooler starting temperature in the cylinder.
^^^That's what I've gathered from what I've read.

You are understanding what they can do,,, but my main point for you to get them is so you CAN run more initial timing, you CAN run 14 degrees initial or more & you CAN go a lot faster if you install these items alone, then go tune it all in & then you CAN smoke those V-8 thingys. ;\)

You stated it made crazy power & it spooled fast when running 14 degrees initial timing correct?, basically speaking you were very much impressed I believe??

Well, if you get the carb stuff sorted out, you add the intercooler it will improve you power all around, but more important, it will GREATLY reduce the chance of detonation.

Add a methanol injection kit, same thing as above,,, BUT even more so, more power, even more least likely to detonate & will make greater power everywhere in the power band.

MBHD

12 port SDS EFI