I'm not an expert or anything but the pistons look darn near new. My friend noticed something odd though. The 4 rear pistons have 3 circles on them and the other 2 in the front don't. What's with that?

Also. I looked at the Felpro 1025 on summit you linked me to and it has a completely different bore size. It's like 4.125" or something. My stock bore size is 3.875". I doubt it would work with .3" difference on each of the bores.

Do I really need to resurface the head? I didn't plan on adding much to it really but replacing a few important gaskets and cleaning it and painting. Wouldn't that also raise the compression some?

Yes a new flywheel. My original stock one has spider cracks on it. Why would I need a steel flywheel? What benefit does it have? Because it's like an extra $100 that I don't really have right now for a steel one.

Why would I need a new pressure plate? I replaced it with a stock type one about 4000 miles ago and it still looks great. I never felt it slip under full boost. So I don't see how it would burn up the clutch.

I have to take out the crankshaft to replace the rear main seal right? I need to because I had quite a bit of oil slung around in the bellhousing.

I also had a bit of a brain fart with disassembly. I got 4 of the lifters mixed up and I THINK I know where they came from but I'm not sure. What would happen if those 4 lifters did get mixed up and got put in the wrong spot?

Also, would it be a big deal to take out the crank, pistons, and rods? Don't I just need to make sure that I put the bearings and caps in the same place and get a piston ring compressor to put the pistons back in? Then torque everything to spec? Isn't that about it to reassemble the rotating assembly?

A lot of carbon buildup in the heads from running rich

69 Buick Special Deluxe. Intercooled Turbo Chevy 250 @ 15psi on a stock long block. It's kinda fast.