Snowman,
You can run an EFI pump if you want. But the stock style has to be in the tank to run cool.
Out side pumps still use fuel to cool them but don't need to be in the tank. they are rather expensive.
I use an SX enginering pump, they are 3 miles from my shop and help me anytime I need any help. They were one of the first to make these pumps which are from the aircraft industry. The guy that started Aeromotive worked for SX but then started on his own and has one of the best systems.

We just built a small flathead v8 motor with two small turbos for a street rod it has a EFI pump in the tank and a regulator that looks like an old time blue holley but is boost referenced and has a return line to keep the fuel cool, and 2 two barrel carbs, from C & S Specialties the place that makes blow through Aerosol Billet carbs. This setup is to make 350-400HP. My 3 carbs were built by these guys they are very sharp on anything, especialy carbs. (candsspecialies.com) Phone 1-636-723-4996

Call Mallory - Aeromotive - C&S or anyone and talk to them tell them you want to run 15psi boost and make about 400HP with a carb. But talk to someone about the complete system, don't just buy anything.

Harry

Last edited by Turbo-6; 11/23/11 12:00 AM.

Turbo-6