Well I guess it makes sense that I have to get new lifters for the wear patterns but would i need to get new pushrods or rockers?

Yes, the engine is still out. The valvetrain, head, pushrod covers, and valve covers are on so basically everything is on besides the manifolds. Right now I'm just getting it cleaned up for paint and it'll probably be back together by the end of the week and in the car within a week.

I didn't change the rear main seal, I think it was just the rear part of the oil pan gasket actually so I just didn't mess with any of that jazz and just replaced the oil pan gasket. I didn't touch any of the rotating assembly.

I really have no idea what type of cam specs to get. I was either going to call Lunati or Comp and just get their recommendation. Or... get one of yall to send me a grind sheet for a known turbo cam that works well that I can send to them. So if ya'll have a grind sheet, please send me one.

How much would it delay the spool? Because I'm absolutely in love with how it spools right now. I mean 15psi by 2800? That's perfect. I don't want it coming in at like 4000+?!?

Also now that I have this turbo and all that on, how high can i rev it and not blow it up? I mean stock redline is like 4600 or something? Doesn't it start to float valves or something once you get up past 5000rpm?

Also how high can I keep it at cruise? I mean can I let it cruise at like 3500 or 4000rpm and not break anything?

I STILL CAN"T FIND A FUEL PUMP THAT'LL WORK FOR ME!!!!!! I talked to racepumps through email and they insist that their SBC pump will not work on an I6 even though I'm almost sure they're the same. I'm at a loss of what to do. The closest thing I found was that mallory http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MAA-4060FI/ and that mallory regulator http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MAA-4309/ .
I know you said so but I don't see fuel heating being a problem using these from what I've read. I mean I've looked around and there are people using aeromotive A1000s with their carb blow through applications. That's like a 100gph pump at 90PSI!!! I mean if it works fine for blow through with TWICE the pressure as that mallory pump, I don't see any problems with half the pressure. The only way I could understand it causing fuel heating problems is if it was a dead-head regulator but since it's constantly being circulated, doesn't that eliminate that problem?
Also how would I need to modify my fuel tank for this? How would I put the 6AN fitting on it for the 3/8 feed line?

EDIT: Yeah this is exactly what I thought. This thread specifically says you can use a EFI pump with a carb regulator at carb pressures as long as the carb regulator is return style. He specifically mentions using an A1000 (90PSI!) with an aeromotive CARB regulator for his blow through setup.
If you care to read it, here is the thread.

2ND EDIT: This is the layout. I forgot the inline filter between the tank and pump on the 6AN line. Ad means NPT to AN adapter since the pump and regulator use NPT. basically 6AN between everything except an 8AN return form the reg to the tank. As it turns out, AN stuff is expensive (duh), are there any noticeably cheaper alternatives to hook this stuff together?

Last edited by snowman4839; 11/29/11 08:16 AM.

69 Buick Special Deluxe. Intercooled Turbo Chevy 250 @ 15psi on a stock long block. It's kinda fast.