I have a 292 I am building (Mexican late model block and early model non-smog head already rebuilt and assembled) and have a Mercruiser valve cover to put on it. I want to run a PCV valve with breather system but on this valve cover the twist-in breather/filler hole and the push-in 1" PCV hole are only about 4-5" apart. Too close to get a good flow through the crankcase. Any suggestions on where else I could locate a breather? I could bore the valve cover for a PCV hole at the back end of the cover but that still leaves me with both on the same cover and maybe 16" apart. The link below shows the valve cover when I first got it. It has now been stripped and cleaned and will be painted. I have considered things like tapping the fuel pump block-off for a breather hose but as there is a Tom Lowe billet bracket there for the relocated motor mount that would be tough. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
https://picasaweb.google.com/sodell3/My292?authkey=Gv1sRgCMKLg53hsLrfXQ#5675754961228430626