Originally Posted By: Mean buzzen half dozen A.K.A. Hank
snowman4839,

saw the videos, nice.

It appears there is a huge lean stumble in your video, need to richen up the accelerator circuit.
By richen the circuit, I'm assuming you mean get a bigger squirter?
I was wondering if you ever hooked up your boost reference line from the mechanical pump to the intake manifold?
If so,, do it help any?
Well the deal is I did at first when I was running 15psi and it still ran out of gas pretty quickly. I don't have it hooked up now because the jbweld sealing the fitting to the housing of the pump kept cracking and it wouldn't hold pressure. So I just said forget it and that's why I'm working on the electric pump setup now.
When you installed the 1025 head gasket, did you mill the head any? if not, you lost a bit of compression from your already low compression.
No I didn't, but it seems to run fine. I mean how much could I have really lost? like a tenth of a point?
On your 4 speed trans, what is the first gear ratio?
It's a 3.11 first gear whereas the three speed i had was a 2.84 first gear
I am wondering if you will be able to use your column shift w/the 4 spd?
Even if you can get it to work,,, I am really thinking it will not shift as good as a floor mounted shifter, less flex in the linkage rods as compared to the column shift linkage.
I've driven it some and it shifts very nicely and I can shift pretty damn fast. My 1st to 2nd is extremely quick and my 2nd to 3rd is a little slower since I have to switch the forks but I've gotten good at that since it used to be my first to 2nd with the 3 speed
Basically saying, it will slow down your shifting ability running a columm shifter.

I noticed the up pipe to the turbo, it seems to have steps/mismatch from the 2.5" pipe to the T4 flange.

From my findings, having such a severe mismatch/steps of the pipe to T4 flange, this will cause the turbo to spool slower & actually cause it to make less boost pressure down low, when the turbo is finally spooled up, the turbo will make the boost pressure, but it will be slower to spool up quickly & get into boost sooner.

Basically saying, if there is anything you can do to smooth out the transition of the 2.5" pipe to the T4 flange it will help a bunch.
I know the pipe isn't ideal but it works and I did do a bit of work hammering the pipe into the shape of the flange. Eventually I'm going to get someone to make a single pipie (no weld line in between bends) and do good TIG welds around the flanges but for now that's what I got
Hope the squirter helps out, I would think it will.
I certainly hope so. I can't think of what else would fix it.

MBHD

I also ended up taking my carb off for a minute today and blowing compressed air into all of the holes and especially the transition slots. When I ran it after that, it seemed to help a little bit but I still have a bad lean stumble.

What are you guys running on your holleys? Tom - what'd setup did you have on that holley 500 you did the turbo dyno on. Boucher - what jets/squirter/PV/etc. are you running?

69 Buick Special Deluxe. Intercooled Turbo Chevy 250 @ 15psi on a stock long block. It's kinda fast.