Why wouldn't the regulator work if it stays in the trunk? I don't see how it would be any different than if it had to travel a long way up to the engine bay rather than just staying in the trunk. They'd both still have a lot of fuel circulating through the lines since my engine doesn't need much fuel as that pump produces. So like 80% of the fuel would just be circulating in the trunk going from cell to pump to reg back to cell which would just provide a cooling effect. You're also talking serious money if I move the pressure regulator to the front because that's another $100 of fuel line because it has to run the length of the car.

Why 2.5 or none? I don't have any extra fuel between 11" and 6" of vacuum but once I drop it below 6" and it gets through the stumble from not having the power valve opening, it works fine. It's jetted perfect for cruising because i get a 13.0AFR on cruise and it stays great for anywhere under 11" of vacuum. If I go under that, it leans out badly until I get the vacuum low enough to open the power valve. I can get a 13AFR up until 11", then between 6" and 11" it shoots up to 17 or 18, and below 6" it goes back down to 13AFR.

69 Buick Special Deluxe. Intercooled Turbo Chevy 250 @ 15psi on a stock long block. It's kinda fast.