Well it starts up at about 650rpm and after it warms up (since there is not choke) and levels off at about 1000rpm even. I understand that is a little high but anything lower than that gives me hard starting. I'll try to play with it sometime.

I'm really not crazy though. Slowly rolling into the throttle (so that the accelerator pump isn't really necessary), I stare at my gauge as I'm accelerating (and getting closer and closer to full throttle). It stays at about 13.0-13.5 up until I hit 10" of vacuum. Then I get about an 11.3 anywhere under 10" of vacuum until it gets into boost which slowly rises back up to low 13s. I know I still need to drill it out a little more to get it into the 12s or high 11s under boost.
EDIT: I cruise at about 18-20" of vacuum and if I let off the gas going fast, it bottoms out the gauge at 30"+ of vacuum.

Just got some money for an intercooler and I should be looking at getting the fuel system installed soon now that I have all the parts for it.
Any suggestions on the intercooler? Are air-to-water intercoolers worth the extra money and effort to setup? I had been reading a few of the other threads on here and I liked the intercoolers that had outlets on the same side. 2.5" or 3"? carb hat is a 4" and outlet of turbo is 2.5". I have plenty of couplers to make it all work.
I was just thinking something like this and just having a muffler shop bend me a bunch of pipe 2.5" to connect it up. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Intercooler-27x1...#ht_6343wt_1392

If I had an intercooler like this, would I be able to put it back up to 15psi if I got the carb down into the low 12s or high 11s under boost? Also since the intercooler would create a denser air charge, would it actually give me more power at 15psi than it did without the intercooler as well as giving me better detonation prevention?

Last edited by snowman4839; 01/23/12 07:15 PM.

69 Buick Special Deluxe. Intercooled Turbo Chevy 250 @ 15psi on a stock long block. It's kinda fast.