I keep doing and re-doing the math, building up the 250 vs. swapping in the 4.2, and every time the numbers come up in favor of the 4.2.

Oil pan doesn't bother me. Limequat's Supra build illustrates that well enough. Doesn't seem like that big of a deal.

Wiring harness could be ugly, but again referencing Limequat's build, doesn't seem that horrible. Certainly not bad enough to make a fella throw in the towel.

I have my eyes out for a local donor. They must be pretty popular, or in low supply around here, because the ones that end up in the junkyard are stripped bare in a matter of days. When I say stripped bare, I mean down to the body shell. These people aren't leaving a scrap. I've never even got a sniff at a motor, yet.

Thanks for the link to those pics, Beater. Would be cool if we could get some shots of the frame/crossmember mods and engine mounts. That's what I'd really like to see on that turbo firebird build.

Found a fair looking LT1 in the classifieds. Was tempted for about 0.6 seconds. Too easy. 350 Camaros are more common than dog exhaust.

Last edited by NOX; 01/24/12 07:43 PM.