Originally Posted By: Whitedog

Now, 510 hp at the wheels is totally cool. What is that 575-600 at the flywheel? I'm assuming that's with pump gas too. For most people, that's probably a little excessive, but I'm guessing you're never satisfied.

94 octane pump gas. 8 PSI on a stock 4200 is darn close to 400 HP.

This year the drivetrain upgrades will be completed, the 4L80E is built and waiting to be installed, the dana 60 went in last year and is now well broken in.

I'm waiting for the block to come back and main girdle to arrive. I have some oiling system changes to make and then the whole works is going back together. Hopefully in time to make the Reno meet.

After the Reno meet the plan is to get the secondary fuel system plumbed in and tuned. Under higher boost the engine will transition from pump gas to 100% methanol. Once the alky is flowing the timing can be cranked up and I'm betting the torque curve is going to jump up.

On 94 octane I can only run 10* timing at 10 psi. With alky being 130ish octane I bet the timing can go up over 30*.

51 GMC 4.2 turbo
Can't solved today's problems using the same technology/thinking that created them