Originally Posted By: CNC-Dude #5585
... Mine can have 25 psi at around 2000 RPM if im pulling a heavy trailer.

OK! wow, that's boost! Haha that much would scare me and break all the scrawny old stuff in my driveline!

My biggest design constraint is, I really want to do draw-through. I assume most modern turbos, want to pump air only, not fuel+air and don't have the seals for it. I don't see this mentioned any more. New stuff is of course EFI, and everyone here seems to be doing pressurized carbs and compensated fuel pumps, but I know myself, the added complexity and uncertainty in that will take all the fun out of it for me, and for the small gain i'm looking for, 4 - 6 lbs, drawthrough should be fine.

The gains shouldn't tax the rest of the system (T-96 overdrive trans, 8" clutch, uncertain head sealing), fuel pump (double-acting; i've got vacuum wipers), carb. Flow-wise, that also won't overtax the carb that is for many reasons perfect for this engine.

I'm not ever gonna drag race. Besides putt-putt to work, I plan on doing more "canyon driving" with the vintage endurance crowd. Balanced overall performance and pleasure in engineering to get there is the goal I've done lots of suspension work, and there will be more.