Well the fibula is the bone behind your shin and doesn't support hardly any weight so the doc just told me to stay off it and let it grow back together. Doc said I'll probably be hobbling around for another 4-6 weeks but it's healing pretty fast so I'd say like 3 or so. At least it didn't need a cast or surgery. That would ruin all the summer swimming!

Well this time, I'm going to try to find a way to get everything correctly. The only bad part of that is it means that it'll cost a lot more. and the only bad part of THAT is that it'll take more time. I basically have 2 options right now.

-option 1 is to rebuild the engine very basically. Since all the cylinder walls looked fine (even #3) and had no grooves/scratches/etc., I could just replace piston #3, re-ring it, replace all the important bearings (mains, rods, and cam bearings, and an intercooler. and then if I have some extra money, use a turbo valvetrain and install lumps. This plan will probably have me driving sometime this summer
-option 2 is to rebuild the engine how I really wanted to all along but it would be on the scale of a few years since I'm going to be in college in 5 months and won't be at home to work on it or have the money to pay for it. That would consist of the boring it, forged pistons, re-ring, turned crank, 0 deck the block, align-hone (if needed), replace all important bearings, lump ports, turbo valvetrain, intercooler, and probably a J&S safeguard. Later down the road, I might even add in a alky injection system.

btw I also managed to break my harmonic balancer by using the wrong type of puller so I'm going to need a new one of those. I've seen ones by fluid-dampr? i think, anyone know prices or details about them?

Last edited by snowman4839; 03/25/12 11:14 AM.

69 Buick Special Deluxe. Intercooled Turbo Chevy 250 @ 15psi on a stock long block. It's kinda fast.