snowman4839
Active BB Member

Loc: Memphis, TN Is that bellhousing really necessary? I mean it's no 600hp+ car

It doesn't take 600hp+ to take off your leg.I once had a Vary good High school friend who lost his legs from a Stock 396 4speed car. When the clutch came apart and up through the floor boards came the peice of the disk.When i used to race up in NY. the tracks there din't care if it was a 1hp motor if it had a stick It had better have a blow proof bell housing. When I got down here to Fla. I was surprized That when i asked the guys running the track (first yr for their street nats.) I asked if i needed a safety bell housing,they said if it didn't run the numbers they didn't care/meaning no. Which I thought was vary Odd. But no matter I run one.Esp.I Riped apart 3!!! pressure plates and One Cut the Nose right off my starter When the straps on it Broke the rivits. But seeing is Knowing what can Happen.Been there done that and Have seen it first hand.
I don't know about you But I happen to Like my legs vary much.
So even when my 250 was pretty much stock and knowing I was going to taking it to the track Or Getting on Hard,That was one of the first things I changed is the bell housing.
Hp is not what hurts It's the RPMs and a weak part.

So all I am trying to tell you is think about it.

Larry/Twisted6
[oooooo] smile
Adding CFM adds boost smile
shocked God doesn't like ugly.