Hey guys. GREAT site you all have here. I thought I'd post an intro here since this is the section that I have the most interest. I've been lurking and trying to learn for a little while, but finally scored a turbo setup today for my build.

I live in the vacation mecca known as "beautiful, sunny, Flint Michigan". I've been an inliner kook ever since I can remember, but this is only my 3rd one - and this is the first I'm modifying.

I have a fairly wind stationwagon project that I've named "Frankenwagon" and I'm using a 70k miles 1981 292 truck motor for the open engine powerplant. After some reading here and some local searching, I just took a little road trip today with my dad and picked up this:

It's a setup from an early 80s buick, complete from intake manifold to air cleaner, with some piping thrown in too.

This is my first turbo build, so I'm real excited to find this forum and to learn how to go about this. So far, if I understand this right, I know that my main missing parts are a knock sensor and something to alter the timing when it starts to knock.

Anyway, that's long winded enough for post #1, so thanks for the look, and thanks in advance for your patience with my learning curve.

Peace,
John

Last edited by Bewber; 04/27/12 04:51 PM.