Thanks Hank.

In my previous life I was an automotive designer for over a decade and spent a fair bit of time in powertrain design. I kind of figured that something OEM designed for a 3.8L would be a little undersized for my 292 - but for the pricing I got it all for I couldn't pass it up and I also trusted that there'd be a reasonably priced bolt on turbo upgrade I could swap in to recover at least some of the undersizing difference. I really do appreciate you verifying that my hunches were right.

Couple dumb questions though, since I don't remember seeing any pics that help me out....

1. I know that on the buick6, only one exhaust manifold fed the turbo system. With an inline 6, is it better to split exhaust and only run part of it through the setup, or should I pipe the entire exhaust of 6 bigger cylinders worth of output through the turbocharger?

1a. If it should be split, do I run the single outlet exhaust and split it, having one half of the Y go to the turbo and the other half to the back - or could/should I do a 4/2 split of the manifold and only feed the turbo with the "4" side of the exhaust. I asked a buddy about it and he figures it'd sound like a moped powered hairdryer - but I figured I'd ask anyway.

2. Do these systems require any kind of backpressure from a full exhaust system, or would it run fine if I came out of the turbo and pointed it up to the sky like a stack?

Like I said, it's a fairly wild open engine build, so yes I'm serious.

Thanks!
John