dodgycanuck,

not a problem. I am glad I made some sense.

You can run 1.8 BBC rocker arms if you choose, don't need to stick w/standard BBC ratios. Might require opening up the pushrod guide holes & run pushrod guide plates?

I personally have not tested nor have heard/read any testing of a blown/turbocharged 250 engine running lumps & testing w/out lumps on a dyno or testing track testing.

But, IMO, I do not think there will be a day & night difference between the two scenarios, a boosted engine w/& w/out lumps.

If you want to get every bit of HP & torque out of your 250 engine, I think there will be a slight advantage of using the lumps on a blown/turboed engine, they improve port velosity & improve the short turn radius.

Where it (the 250 engine) will see more of a benefit I.M.O., is from increasing the port velosity ,(decreasing intake port volume) as compared to the better short turn radius, not as important when forced induction comes into play.

A stock head will do, but if you want every bit of power out of your engine, just remember this ,,,, most all of the power comes from a decent flowing cylinder head.

If you use stock size valves, that will be a hindrance.
If you do not cut down/profile the intake boss that will be a hindrance, if you use a muffler w/chambers that = hindrance, If your exhaust system uses 2" pipe that = hindrance. Get the point?

If you can improve any or all of these things I mentioned, it will all add up to a more powerful engine.

It just boils down to how much effort you want to put into your engine/exhaust system combo.

When you get a camshaft for your blown 250, get a custom grind camshaft from CompCams & go with what they recommend.

I would recommend a camshaft w/a lobe center of 115 or wider.

MBHD

12 port SDS EFI