Thanks for the pics! So it seems that CarCraft mis-reported that first car as a Firebird... Not that it really matters in the end.

The shots of the empty subframe and motor mounts on Jerry's car are the real meat and potatoes. I can see how the notched crossmember is necessary to keep the LL8 under the hood. I like that a whole lot better than running a Cowl Induction hood. I really want to keep my '68 clean, without the spoilers or any of that junk. Not sure why a second crossmember is necessary--maybe just to stiffen the chassis overall? Certainly can't hurt. Jerry's build wouldn't happen to be documented out there anywhere, would it???

I've gone over every page of your Supra swap (more than once). I'd say it's flat out essential reading for this swap. In the real world, I think you address most of the important stuff. But there's something comforting about seeing it happen on the same platform I'm working on. I would still love it if one of these guys doing the F-bodies or first gen Chevy II/Novas would do something as in-depth as your writeup. Maybe that will have to be me!

Just a postscript: Even if an LL8 swap is not your cup of tea, I'd like to stress that it's just as cool to keep that 235, or whatever else you want to run. There are to right or wrong answers here.