Well I just finished up school and started the summer. I also just ordered all the replacement parts to get here running again. Now I'm going to have a good rebuilt stock engine with a solid fuel system. Also with my graduation presents, I should be able to look into getting a J&S safegaurd and an intercooler kit.

However I ordered a set of rings and I've run into a problem. The replacement piston I ordered that should be stock size, shape, and bore calls for 5/64" compression rings and a 3/16" oil ring. The problems is that I tried putting those rings on my stock pistons which I assumed would be the same size and they don't fit. I took some calipers and the stock compression rings were apparently 4/64" (1/16") and the supposed stock replacement piston calls for 5/64" which is what I ordered. Would wear rub that ring down 1/16" or carbon build up on the piston prevent the new ring from fitting? What's the deal?

69 Buick Special Deluxe. Intercooled Turbo Chevy 250 @ 15psi on a stock long block. It's kinda fast.