I am new to the chev 6 world as have aquired a 6 cyl 292 block and head to be used in a front engine dragster weighing approx 1500 lbs. the engine had been opended up to accept sealed power 366 pistons that have been milled to 0 deck plus the head has big valves and the lump ports installed.Big compression as far as i can tell cam is unknown but does not look stock the engine did not come with any extra pieces. no water pump thermostat housing dipstick flex plate,balancer etc.
I have some questions for those who may know
I am in the process of building a deep oilpan for the car. i have a 350 deep pan that i am grafting to the original oil pan and an going to deepen it 2 inches what would be a good oil level to run in the pan should I run factory oil level and have extra capacity or lower it to keep oil away from the crank?
will a small block chevedipstick tube kit fit the tube hole ?
I have a 168 tooth small block flex plate and i dont have a pattern how does one modofy it to fit the extra dowels ?does anyone have a pattern on line
what should i do re a harmonic balancer should i go stock or aftermarket as i think the 366 pistons may be a lot heavier than the stock ones but i am not shure. going to run 5000 - 5500 rpm for a redline
will 250 pulleys work the 292 pump and balancer .
Its a lot of questions but its things that i really dont know for these engines
i may make my own thermostat housing assy as i am running a small alum rand on the car and i can then point the outlet wherever i want to get to the rad and not run a thermostat .
I am going to put a powerglide behind the engine and 342 gears with a 3500 stall convertor and see how it goes once i find all the pieces i need.
Any help would be very much appreciated

If it dont fit keep welding