I appreciate all the input, thanks.

I don't claim to know everything but I've built several high performance engines before.. I'm a master tech and race car builder and mechanic, used a lot of time pushing the envelope. Done it for 20 years or more, just not these engines.

I am not after several hundred horses. I would imagine 250hp would be sufficient, focusing on increased torque and "ease" of keeping up with traffic and hills. Kind of having a little extra torque on reserve, but behaving like a bone stock engine at light throttle, with good fuel economy and feeling, behaving very much like a stock stock engine. In other words, still a pig \:D
Plus I do not race.... it is a street driven grandma car. This engine is basically going to be a stock rebuild with a low boost turbo for all around comfort. It will be my "backup" engine if and when I get a bigger one done. I've got my CR set at around 8:1 and I will probably run 8psi of boost or so. The block is STD and I won't be boring it oversize. It was honed maybe 2 years ago when I put new cast pistons in it. It leaves a hair more room for piston expansion, and I'm considering Total Seal 2nd rings to minimize blowby under boost if it were to happen. (It does not have blowby problems now). That should do all I need this engine to do for me. I just want it to move along effortlessly in traffic and stay together forever.

As for detonation, I don't plan on allowing any... hypers or forged, it does not matter. Detonation is baaa-aa-aad.

I will most likely build another engine for the same car, based on a 292, which will be a whole different story. I have a lead on a running 292 already.

I was looking to use hypers because of cost and better compatibility with turbocharging compared to stock cast pistons.
As was already mentioned, the thermal expansion is better controlled with hypers.

Forged pistons are out of my target budget, I'll use those on the big engine. I just can't have everything, you know how it goes.