The Drags were a blast! So was the party on Fri night at the hotel parking lots. Full of all types of rods. The people were a hoot also.
Not sure on how many racers, but would guess at 100. While driver cars numbered around 200.
There were cars that would be pushing with a flathead 4 cyl to stay on the road, these would have a 700 hp BBC with blower! They were a handful to keep on the track! Plenty of wheels up action. One ChevyII with a V8 had the front 4-5 feet up 2 times in one run!
Did not see Ron.
Did see a altered with a slant 6 that ran 10's. 62 or 63 ChevyII with a 230 that was running low 14's. There were a few more inlines. Will get some of the pics downloaded.
Jake and I had a great time seeing it all.

Car did give me some trouble. Left Platte City from my friends, got about 25 miles north and heard a buzzing sound. Stopped and checked, the nut had stripped on the alternator and the pully was barely hanging on. Drove to a Orielly's and had them donate a nut from a core unit. Got it installed and all is well.

Have approxiamately 5500 miles this summer on this dyno 250. Very impressed on how well it pulls at low rpms and purrs at highway rpms of 26-2800 rpm for continuous duty. No oil consumption, rattles or pinging either.

Inliner Member 1716
65 Chevelle Wagon and 41 Hudson Pickup
Information and parts www.12bolt.com