Originally Posted By: CNC-Dude #5585
Sure, Hank cut his 194 head excessively and got a good gain compared to the open chamber head he was running he did nothing to. Thats because he gave it an unfair advantage, if he had cut his open chamber head by the same amount as the 194 head, he would have been back to only the difference being the original chamber difference of 1/2 a compression point,

The 250 head I was running had more porting & larger valves than the 194 cyl head I switched over to.

I am sure the 194 head flowed less than my 250 head, but I did not flow test the 194 head, only the 250 head, & those numbers were not that great mind you, I never had lower lumps in any of my cyl heads.
The only lumps I ever ran are on my current large chamber head & those were my own design & are upper lumps.

Trying to remember what cc's my current cyl head but it is roughly 80 CC's? It's been a while since a friend & I did this work.
Valves are sunk & chambers were all opened up.
I was not worried about airflow so much because I was going to run a Paxton supercharger on it & the air/fuel mixture was being forced into the engine, regardless of a worse flowing head.

The 250 head was not able to get to 12.0:1 compression like I got out of the 194 head, that is the only reason why I chose to use the 194 head.

The main reason I wanted all that compression was to try & get as much torque out of my engine.

MBHD

12 port SDS EFI