When you start putting larger than stock camshafts, the signal to the carb is less, it takes longer for the carb to clear out (with the Clifford intake) any miss/incorrect metering of the carb.

When you go really big on the camshaft, stock to near stock compression, run tall gears like 3.08's or so, the engine w/a Clifford will really dislike this type of combo & will prove so immensely down low in the RPM band, where as with an Offy, the engine can tolerate such a combo much better.

I have done many, many combos w/both intakes back to back tests, different carbs, carb spacers you name it, when the combo is really off, the Clifford intake is less forgiving.

A 292 engine can get away with a bigger intake, but all my tests were done on a 254 CI engine.

Can you imagine how a poor little 194 engine will do when the combo is way off (IE too much duration of a camshaft) & you run a Clifford?

The Offy recovers quicker, the air velosity is higher, it will produce more torque down low. IMO

Like I said, an engine dyno is great for tuning, but it doesn't tell you how it will work in a chassis.

It's like when you come to a conclusion for turbo recommendation based off of an engine dyno test, that is not the correct way to judge how a turbo is going to work when it's going to be used in a vehicle.

MBHD

12 port SDS EFI