Hello Dick Dale
And Welcome to the Inliners Bulletn Board.

The 230 ,250 blocks will look the same and the Numbers sometimes will also Show It being one in the same Or Either OR. The Best way to Know for sure which it is that you have is to Look at the Pistons. A 250 piston is disked where as to the 230s is NOT, That Is The fastest Way to tell them apart On a STOCK motor. Now My 2cents on a daily Driver HOT Street is to stay with the Hyd. cams Unless You want to keep playing/adjusting the valves now and then On a Mech Cam. and about the Best intake for the street is a Offey which Offers The best Low end to Mid range Power& tork.
As for Intakes Over all It will pretty much depend On what you want. EYE CANDY WOW Looks Then Multi Carbs Is a way to go You can have anything from single setups to Duals, Triples. THEN you have The Turbo looks Or Blowers.
Now Back to the cams With a hyd cam You have up to about a 560 lift on hyd. Now Mech cams Well How Much YOU want. I have seen 700,800 ,900 lifts But Those type Of lifts are Not for The Street Not by Normal people anyway LOL(Drag, or Roundy round ONLY)

Now the Biggest wake Up Call To any Well Built L6 is going to be the Head this is what Could cost you the Most at One Time.And the Reason I say this ,is because You need to make it breath Before It will do like you want it to do with all them other goodies You want to put onto OR into it.And you want to plan ahead think things out and Match everything together And You'll have ONE Killer Ride. Hope this little bit of food for thought Helps }[oooooo]

PS any other Questions Just Fire away anytime.

Larry/Twisted6
[oooooo] smile
Adding CFM adds boost smile
shocked God doesn't like ugly.