To do a full up manifold ... the design is just time so not hard to do, getting the patterns made different story.. this is at least a $2500 hit. Pulling it out of my pocket well if I had paid up orders for 40 manifolds OK then the orders would cover off the NRE/patterns/tooling.

But the manifold would still be $500 - 600 a pop (cutters/coolant, and power to run the mill is not free never mind making $3/hour) - don't think anyone would dig that deep. Now if we had a pattern maker that wanted to partake - different story.

I tried a group buy previously and it was a mess. Some folks made partial payments, some backed out and want $$ back etc..
If this was to happen another person would need to do the leg work on the GB and send in payment. It could be done with progress payments..

- design done funds paid to get the patterns made
- patterns done ready to send to the foundry - payment made to get the castings done
- castings in house ready for machining - payment to do the machining
- manifolds ready to ship - final payment.

All said and done this is >$20K hit for 40pc.

The other approach is to license the process that steedspeed uses - its patented (requires a royalty payment)and make then from billet - still need the fixtures.

How about a taller adapter that would bolt onto the existing intakes (clifford/offy)?

Last edited by efi-diy; 10/27/12 09:53 PM.

51 GMC 4.2 turbo
Can't solved today's problems using the same technology/thinking that created them