Thanks panic for the reply. Here is a few things about this engine. It is the last one designed by Hudson. It is the 8 with 2 cylinders chopped off and modernized. Full pressure oil system. The engine is 3x4.75. The cylinder arangement is not good. It is in halves, 3 cylinders in the rear and 3 in the front with a big space in between. The 3 cylinders are jammed together. Not any room ot bore. a .050 is the largest overbore recommended. So a big overbore is out. The stroke is long for such a small bore. This means piston speed will always be a factor to consider. The valves could be enlarged some but the ones in it are sufficient to handle the bore limitation. Hudson blocks are relieved around the valves and all the way to and into the bore. I am really looking at the main 3 things cam,head ,carberation. The manifold set up of this is like the old 8. The exhaust manifold is on top and the intake is on the bottom. I am thinking a custom intake and a custom set of headers would be a great improvement. With some relief work in the ports. Most inlines respond well to headers.The old 8 had exhaust ports on top of the engine. This engine has all its ports on the side. Have been talking to a guy about building a custom intake and exhaust flange for me. I really would like to have another engine before I start the build. I have found that things go better with 2 engines. Thanks again. Hud