Well the 250 that I have started having issues so I spent the weekend pulling it (again). The flywheel was shot as I couldn't get the aftermarket starter shimmed correctly. I'm using a smaller flywheel now and the starter off my sons Nova (it has a 250 also) since he doesn't have a license yet. I think I have the issue fixed now and test started it while I had it out the car. It starts right up and I no longer hear that grinding sound so one problem fixed.

I figured that since I had the engine out and that since it appears that the oil pan gasket was leaking that I'd go ahead and replace that. Of course I couldn't stop there. Having dropped the oil pan and seeing about 40 years of sludge I had to clean that all out. And since I once read in a hotrodders 'bible' somewhere that its close to sinful to not throw a coat of primer and paint on a part before one puts it back on I had to do that lol. So yep you guessed it the oil pan is now primered and painted a semi-gloss black.

Well I finally have it back on the engine and will hopefully have the engine back in the truck by this weekend. Yes I know that I plan to replace the 250 with the 292 I picked up but something deep inside me just would not let me only replace the flywheel and starter. I gladly admit that is one of my faults but in no way do I plan to ever change it!!!!

Last edited by jmsaunders; 12/11/12 10:21 PM. Reason: formatting

Jaimi