Still at it.

Got the wastegate set to open at 7 psi. Picked the location and orientation of the turbo for the engine bay. Purchased the turbo filter. It's a 3in spectre from AutoZone. Have the wastegate dump pipe tacked. Just waiting for some more money to purchase materials for the pre turbo piping. Figured out tonight what ill need for materials.

Thinking of going ahead and buying the 292 manifold. Reasoning being is that I want the up pie to fit straight (not an angle like most I've seen) and my math tells me a 3.25 pipe of pipe pressedat an oval would be needed. Well, I'd rather not be that guy to go from a 3.25 to 2.25. That'd require 3 or 4 adapters and a tacky look. So 2 adapters seems easier and would look better. Unless someone can suggest a way to get the up pipe to the turbo with a straight plane mount. Hopefully that makes sense.

Also polished the carb bowls as I wait for my rebuild kit. Had a leaky float otherwise I would have soaked it in carb cleaner and used it without a rebuild. Debating on getting a spare 2 bbl 500 cfm in case I can't tune the 4bbl well enough.

Lastly, thinking about dropping the Belair 3 inches. Anyone have experience with this?

Last edited by 64fourdoor; 12/31/12 10:09 PM.

Alex