Well the thing is my break is ending in a couple of days and my carb is leaking some gas so I was just going to let it stay for awhile until maybe spring break so I can save up some money for the intercooler and valvetrain til then instead of pushing my luck without an intercooler.

I just figured that the bolt boss would still be a choke point for the air anyway. Would it still flow more air with simple porting and larger valves?

the AFR is high 11s or low 12s depending on ambient temp. I drilled the power vales out the next number up last time I had the carb apart a week ago.

I figure I can do some basic porting in my garage and get a shop to press in new guides and cut for bigger 1.94/1.6 valves. Tom's head rebuid kit looked pretty good on 12bolt for all that. I know it's late but before I call around tomorrow to different machine shops, anyone have any idea how much the machine work would be for the head on this thing? I guess it would just be to cut new valve seats for the bigger valves and press out/in old/new seats

69 Buick Special Deluxe. Intercooled Turbo Chevy 250 @ 15psi on a stock long block. It's kinda fast.