There is still a lot of R&D that needs to been done before you settle on a cam and lifters. I had Comp quote me on finish grinding some round lobe roller cam billets I made, and they were way too proud of themselves for me to let them do it. Several critical dimensions have to be met before the Olds lifters can potentially work. The cams base circle has to be large enough to make the lifter body set in the lifter bore high enough to allow the oil groove to get a constant oil supply, or the lifter wont pump up, and oil wont get to the pushrod tips. Having too small of a base circle is where the link bars have a problem, that is where they will physically contact the block and have interference issues. Since no cam company has ever explored making a hydraulic roller cam for these engines as a production part, there is no engineering data available for what works and what doesn't, they will be taking a shot in the dark as to what base circle is correct, and whether or not the Olds lifter will even meet the criteria required to work, since it isn't made for this engine to begin with. Comp quoted me over $800 to finish grind my blanks, and I was supplying them with the cam core. Just do some R&D before you pull the trigger on this project, you might get stuck with parts that wont work and aren't returnable.

Class III CNC Machinist/Programmer