Beater of the Pack: Yeah! The HAMB is huge! If your building a car, there is at least 3 threads of builds just like them! It's pretty amazing. As far as manifolds go, does having the bigger port manifold make that much of a difference? I know a guy that sais he has ready access to either one of them, but I'm just curious.

Don 1450: Ok, I will! Should I put it under the "Truck Talk" forum? Okay, I'll see what he wants for it. I have been talking to him over the phone and he wants to show me his truck. I think he said it was a '57 GMC with it's stock 270. He has a 3 speed saginaw overdrive behind it, 3.38 rear end and sais he loves it! It's still up in the air, but it looks like we can get together within the next two weeks. I'll make sure to take my time on the rebuild. Haha, I've got a friend who built a 302 GMC for his Bonneville car- he put the rear crank shaft bearing in backwards and blocked the rear main. The motor blew up after one run! I'll be double checking those bearings for sure!

Oh, and one more thing! What do you guys think about plaining the head? My ideology is that the lower the head, the lower the pistons, and the lighter the pistons. How much is a good amount to plain? What do you think?

Thanks guys, I hope I'm not asking too many questions. If I am, let me know. I'll back off.

Thanks so much!

Pete

Last edited by BlackJackPG; 01/30/13 04:25 PM.

--Peter Gray: #6073--

"If at first you don't succeed,
Try, try again."
-William Edward Hickson