I'm following a few builds over there. Different name same avatar. Yours is a good start. Nice '40. I had a '41 for a short time. In '69 I had the loan of a 'bone stock '40 sedan in Bozeman, Montana. We wrecked my bride's Porsche on our honeymoon. She spent 4 months in the hospital. A friend loaned me the '40 in return for some work on it.

If you are going to run a duel carb setup on a small port head the small port manifold would be best. Sealing it would be a lot easier and it should flow better. The head on my 270 was milled .030" I think. It was a long time ago.

It sounds like the '57 GMC pickup would be a fun one. Get him to give you a ride. You will love it and you will know what to expect. The Saginaw 3 speed ODs are great street choices but getting rare and expensive. My pickup has an S10 T5. First gear is too low and OD isn't high enough. The rear end is 3.55 to 1. I have a 3.08 that I may throw in to try or I may get the right trans.

If I was putting a build thread here I'd use the Bench Racing forum sense the is no GM forum. If that is wrong Titan will let you know and help you find the right spot.

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain