i should think that the "engine" forum, where we are now, would be the right place for your continuing saga of the engine build.

i have a Saginaw four-speed with an overdrive from a three-speed adapted to it behind my 302 GMC in a '52 Chevrolet two-door. With a 4.88 differential i use second gear (2.2) for low. (With a Saginaw overdrive we need all the pieces, but especially the solenoid!)

When i was your age . . . in the 1950s . . . my father built a '40 Chevrolet four-door for his wife. The engine was stock, and ran well for what she wanted, but after the paint and upholstery work was done, my father cut out the radio speaker panel and mounted a Frigiking air conditioning unit in the dash (painting it woodgrain to match), so they could feel that ice-cold air. The old 216 pulled the Tecumseh air-conditioning compressor quite well; it had plenty of low-end torque. i should not want to do that, but he did. Your coupe with a 270 might replicate much of what many of us wanted at your age. i'd like to have my father's '40 now, with a 302 in it and that air conditioner out of it!

God's Peace to you.

d
Inliner #1450