Today was a big day! We located one of three acid striping places in California! (Nor Cal Stripping in Windsor, California if anyone is interested- really nice people- 707-838-9470.) Everything is up there, so we got rid of that bunch of junk. Will start rebuilding the frame here pretty quick. The engine is still at the builders being done, so we're still stalled out on that. I might start working on building a set of coil-overs for the front end. We may start working on the upholstery also. Who knows... We've got lots to do!

Originally Posted By: Beater of the Pack
Great progress. Someone else here will have a project done before I get off my butt. A boat is a hole on the water that you throw money into. A hot rod is the same thing except there's not as much water. A good red wine goes well with a GMC!

Haha, no kidding! Today was an expensive day. $3,700 bucks at the acid stripping place (although it does include a good primer job - DP-90 is the primer they're using - good stuff) Also, me and grandpa Jim spent about 3 hours going through the Chev's of the 40's catalog lining out about $5,000 in parts. I'm not going to lie... It hurts, and I'm not even fronting the majority of the bill! Ohhh... This may drive me to start drinking.

Originally Posted By: Drew, II # 4211
Pete, Got my new specs yesterday, so I can read CASE not CAT. :)My bad. Did you sand blast your front suspension pieces assembled? If so, even tho painted, I would think about disassembly to clean out any sand from the internals or at the very least pump lots of grease through the parts. Pressured sand can get into areas you may not realize. Just my thoughts.

Haha, no problem. Case... CAT... who's keeping track anymore. Yep, that's the idea. Blast tons of grease through and try to clean it up as much as possible. It's definitely a concern. Wasn't really thinking when I did that. The grease should handle it... I hope...

Well, I've just about hit the halfway point of spring break. Things should start slowing down here again as the homework procrastination starts to kick in. (Here's your chance Beater!)

Still got plenty to do!

Thanks guys!

Pete

--Peter Gray: #6073--

"If at first you don't succeed,
Try, try again."
-William Edward Hickson