Originally Posted By: 6-bangertim
I wonder If Egge Machine could move the wrist pin bore .030-.040" on their cast pistons? Then the difference can be made up by decking the block.

I have a 261 in a basket that will be my next build, so I'll be watching this thread LIKE A HAWK!!! I haven't had the bores miked, but they only have a slight ridge, pistons are STD. If the ring lands look good, I'll reuse them with new rings. Engine looks to have had really good care.

Is there a safe limit to decking the block?

Has anyone here found a source for MOLY rings? All I've seen is listings for cast and chrome. No problem for a 235...
Maybe Total Seal?

I met Isky at the GoodGuys - Del Mar show last year. I asked him if he still had Mcguirk's old cam masters for his dual-pattern cams. He does, recalled how he worked with Frank on them! I need to talk to him about those grinds before he leaves us, and get mine reground to a stout 3/4. REALLY nice guy...

Sorry to hijack this thread, and TIA!!!

Best Wishes, Tim

If possible,also tell Egge or whoever makes the pistons to cut the piston for 5/32 rings..
I have read and been told some used to deck them .070.....I measured the deck in several places on a 261 and it was less than .500 and thinner than a SBC.

70 Triumph 650 cc ECTA current record holder