Don
Hi hope you are both doing well. As for the phone my first cell phone was carried around in a bag and sometimes you could even talk on it. Things have changed over the years and now things i never thought I would ever be doing are required if I want to be part of my grandkids lives. Their parents encourage them to text to cut down on the voice min. Next reason for a smart phone is if you are hunting something in a strange area you used to be able to stop at the nearest phone booth and look in the yellow pages, have you looked for a phone booth latley and if you found one did it have a phone book. As for the camera have you ever saw something and said "darn I wish i had my camera. I always have my cell phone. \:\)
I totally agree with you about the fools driving and playing with their phones at the same time, and the people sitting playing games on their phone during a situation that calls for social interaction. I have carried a gun since a became apart of law enforcement back in the early seventies but I don't play with it or shoot people just because I can,in fact most people don't know I even have it. That is called intelligent behavior.
In closing all I have to say is "May God protect us from those who have things and aren't capable of intelligent use of them".

Been there, Done that, Hope to live long enough to do it again.
Big Bill
I.I.# 4698