Hi Peter,

My name is Frank Hainey (Radar) and I did what you are doing, only 20 plus years ago (1990 -1992). Your pictures brought back fond memories. I still have my 1940 Chevy Special Deluxe Coupe and drive it regularly around north San Diego county. I even drag race it twice a year. God only knows how much time and money I have put into it - but I love the car and it still gets great reviews at car shows.

My car started out kind of like yours, with a a 302 GMC, 3/4 Isky cam, Areas 9.5 pistons, 4 into 1 header, holley 4 barrell intake, saganaw 4 speed, and Ford 9 inch w/411 gears, rebuilt front end. Over the last 20 years I have added a Mustang front end, A/C, 3 - 32/36 Webers, dual headers with small pipes, and cross member mods the accomodate a T5 transmission.

If you are not trying to keep your chassis stock, I would recommend. I wish I made them originally - especially the rack and pinion steering, disk brakes, and the T5 with cross member mods. You will not regret it. The car will steer and stop great and drive very safely at high speeds. The original sreering and brakes are obsolete at todays highway speeds.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Frank Hainey 760-451-3041, grnchevy@roadrunner.com

FranK Hainey