Wow, thanks Frank! I really appreciate it!

Some questions for you right off the bat. About the Saginaw 4 speed: did you have trouble with the Saginaw not being strong enough to withstand the 302 and 9 in Ford? One of my concerns about the Saginaw is the many reviews about it's weakness. I hear they work well for low-stress cruisers, but popping the clutch and bang shifting has been known to strip the gears and sometimes split the case in two! Did you have this problem before you switched to the T-5? I also have been considering the T-5 alternative, but I'm worried it may be too many gears for the car. What's your opinion on the T-5? Are you happy with it?

About the front end: I would really like to preserve the origional stance of the car, but I'm all for updating the front end technology to improve drivability. Do you know off the top of you head of any disk brake kits or steering boxes that are compatible. Stopping was another one of my concerns, and the master cylinder is so querky that I can't find a better replacement, so disk brakes would be the next best thing.

About the small pipes exhaust: As we aproach the rebuild of the engine, I have started to investigate possible exhaust options. Right now I am thinking the bigger the better- straight pipes out the sides with baffels to quiet it down a bit, but I'm no expert. What do you think about the small pipe exhaust systems? I've seen them on many hot rods, so there must be something to it. Noise possibly?

That sounds like a real hot car you've got. Get's me fired up about mine!

Thank you so much!

Pete

--Peter Gray: #6073--

"If at first you don't succeed,
Try, try again."
-William Edward Hickson