Today was interesting. We dinged around with the Cam Shaft even more, realizing that there was a little oil dripper above the timing gears. After looking at and reading a few manuals, we realized that ours was different than the one in the manual. Our manual shows that the one end above the timing gear is crimped down to increase pressure. Ours is wide open. What do you guys think? Did what I just say make any sense at all?

About noon, we got a call from a good friend of ours. He was down at a swap meet in Sacramento, Ca and saw a Nicson 2X1 intake w/ heat for a 270 GMC. He wanted to know if he should buy it. I almost dropped the phone. The guy wanted $375. After some haggeling, we could only get him down to $350. Pretty expensive, but the way I see it, it has two Rochester single barrels on it- throttle linkage and everything. $25 buck a piece for rebuild kits and I see them rebuilt going for $250 bucks on ebay. I think rebuilt with linkage, I'd put them up for $350 and see if I get any bites. That should re-coupe some of the money...

I then tore apart our two Zenith Carburetors and stuck them in an over-night bucket of Carburetor Cleaner while my grandpa took apart and cleaned up the distributor.

Oh yeah, and we put on the head. We're still waiting on the last two sets of rod bearings (will pick those up tomorrow most likely.) Then we can put everything else on.

Man, I'm excited about that intake! I've been looking for one of those for almost a year now! Good timing too!

Thanks!

Pete

Last edited by BlackJackPG; 04/22/13 01:30 AM.

--Peter Gray: #6073--

"If at first you don't succeed,
Try, try again."
-William Edward Hickson