Today was tough. Spent most of the morning looking for the bolt that holds the Harmonic Balancer on with no avail. I drove over to NAPA. They dug around for about half an hour and came up with one! Drove back to the shop and figured out it didnt fit. It was pretty strange. It measured out correctly - 5/8 18, but for some reason would start cutting the threads off the bolt after about 4 turns. Drove back over to NAPA. We determined it was a production error with threads that were slightly off (something like 18.3 threads/inch) They dug around for me some more and came up with a dye, but no bolt. Drove around to all the rest of the autoparts/ hardware stores nearby and came up empty. Went back to the shop, dug around some more and came up with a long 5/8 bolt. Cut the coarse threads off the end, went back to NAPA bought the dye they had dug up and cut new threads on the bolt. Great! Went to put the harmonic balancer on, banged on it for a while, but it went on about half way, then just stopped. Destroyed a set of pullers trying to get it back off. Drove to NAPA-closed. Drove to O'Reily and bought a set of fine-thread pullers. Back to the shop. Pulled the harmonic balancer off. Figured out there was a little lip inside the harmonic balancer which let it go on to a certain point then stop. It must have been for alignment of the fan belt or something on the 235. Cut off lip on the lathe. Still doesn't fit. Repeat. Pound back on and put bolt in. Roll around on the floor laughing. It's 10:00 pm.

The only picture from today:

Goodnight!

Pete

P.S. Does anyone know what these three holes lead to (see attached)? I can't seem to figure it out. Thanks!

--Peter Gray: #6073--

"If at first you don't succeed,
Try, try again."
-William Edward Hickson