We put the radiator on and fired it up today! Tuned it up and let it run. The radiator sprung a leak, and the water pump had a bad seal, so all the water ran out of it and overheated. That kind of put the kybosh on things for today. Also, I think the mains I put in the carburetors are too small. I also might try my hand at making a set of adjustable mains. Some of these Zeniths had them and I've seen sets that people have made, so I figure I'll give it a shot. Any advice is much appreciated.

About the waterpump: Do the problems with the 216 pump have to do with the bearings? The bearings in the 270 are a little further away from the point of tension from the fan belt, so the torque may be less causing the bearings to last longer. Any lightbulbs go off? \:D

ccjowett: Maybe you can enlighten me. I just read an article saying that the electric pumps typically don't pump more water. The reason for their appeal is the horsepower gains and the ability to not pump water when the engine does not need it. I was also unable to find one that would fit. I hate to argue, maybe you can prove me wrong.

Thanks!

Pete

--Peter Gray: #6073--

"If at first you don't succeed,
Try, try again."
-William Edward Hickson